With their fourth-round pick, 110th overall, the Wings take Andreas Athanasiou from the London Knights.
This kid can fly and helped lead the Knights to the OHL title this past season.
Here is his profile from nhl.com
• In 2010-11, he led all London rookies with 11 goals and was second on the team with three shorthanded goals in 57 games (11-11–22).
• Anthanasiou won gold with Canada at the 2011 Under-18 Ivan Hlinka Memorial recording four points (3-1–4). He also won gold with Team Ontario at the 2011 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge — he was named to the All Star team and finished with five points (2-3–5) in six games.
• Off the ice, he is a fan of the sport Sepak takraw, or kick volleyball, a popular sport in Malaysia. The sport allows players to use their feet, knee, chest or head to touch the ball in an area similar to a badminton court with a net about five feet tall.
• Nicknamed ‘Double A’, Anthansiou was on skates before he turned two years old and started playing hockey at age four.
• The Anthanasiou family is pretty familiar with hockey — Alex’s older sister played and his older brother, Dimitre, was drafted by the St. Michael’s Majors of the OHL in 2004.