Even before training camp begins on Sunday the Wings have their first injury to deal with.
Forward Darren Helm “tweaked” something while working out.
“We’re giving it some rest, will look at it on Monday,” Wings general Ken Holland said. “Doctors told him to take a few days off. We’ll see if he needs tests after that.”
Helm hasn’t skated for the last two days.
Forward Damien Brunner also has yet to make an appearance during these informal workouts since a deal in principal was struck between owners and players last Sunday.
Holland said Brunner is flying in today and is good to go.
As for Pavel Datsyuk, Holland didn’t know when he would arrive.
Datsyuk was scheduled to play in Sunday’s KHL All-Star game.
“We’ll talk to Pav and see what he’s thinking,” Holland said. “The expectation is that he’s traveling to Detroit on Monday, we’ll see him on Tuesday.”
Datsyuk will need to pass a a physical before taking the ice.
- Quote of the day … Mike Babcock
- Quote of the day … Patrick Sharp
- There’s getting caught out on a long shift and then there’s getting caught out on a long shift
- Jonathan Ericsson has grown into his spot on the Wings’ top blue line pair
- Kronwall, Ericsson collect from Brunner after Sweden downs Switzerland
- Miller wearing a bit more protection on glove
- Same lineup for Wings; team expects “push back” from Blackhawks
- Zetterberg pesters, harasses and hounds Toews all over ice in Game 2
- Sticking with Crawford
- Babcock on Damien Brunner: “He scores.”