n The Wings are just four wins away from tying the 1929-30 Boston Bruins and 1975-76 Philadelphia Flyers for longest home winning streak at 20 games.
n Detroit is 5-0 in shootouts this season. Prior to this season the Wings were 27-33 in the shootout, which was implemented in the 2005-06 season.
n The Wings are 12-0-1 this season at home and 17-5-1 overall when a defenseman scores. Niklas Kronwall and Nicklas Lidstrom scored the lone regulation goals for Detroit, give the blue liners a league-leading 32 goals this season. It was the seventh multi-goal game of the season for the defensemen.
- Datsyuk says he’s headache free; just getting headaches from media now
- Babcock decides to have Weiss center Franzen and Nyquist; Emmerton on fourth line
- Kronwall: “Hank is our leader and he’s probably our best player on the ice every night.”
- Zetterberg out at least two weeks with herniated disc
- Datsyuk out most likely through weekend; Bertuzzi close to returning
- Kronwall named second star of the week
- Quote of the day … Wings coach Mike Babcock
- Wings puts up six goals on Rask and do so without Datsyuk in the lineup
- Datsyuk out Friday against Islanders as well
- Ericsson ‘relieved’ to get extension out of the way